Trần Nhân Tông (Tác phẩm Trần Nhân Tông)
Tôn Tử (Đọc lại và suy ngẫm tác phẩm Nghệ thuật chiến tranh của Tôn Tử)
Nguyễn Bỉnh Khiêm (Danh nhân Việt: Nguyễn Bỉnh Khiêm)
Đào Duy Từ (Danh nhân Việt: Đào Duy Từ)
Ở CHỐN NÀY CHƠI ĐƯỢC TRỌN NGÀY
An nhàn sung sướng chẳng phiền ai (bấm vào đây …)
Jack London (The Love of Life & Other Stories)
Cao Xuân Huy lời thinh lặng (Bee.net.vn – Đỗ Lai Thúy, Tia Sáng 4/2006)
GS Hà Văn Tấn, nhà học giả “kiến văn thâm hậu” (Bee.net.vn – Hàm Châu)
Nguyễn Văn Huyên – Nhà Việt Nam học uyên thâm (Bee.net.vn – Hàm Châu)
Ngô Đức Kế đi đầu việc “khai dân trí, chấn dân khí” (Bee.net.vn – Vũ Thế Khôi)
GS Hoàng Xuân Sính và Giải thưởng Kovalevskaya (Bee.net.vn – Hàm Châu)
Nhớ Norman Borlaug di sản, niềm tin và nghị lực: “Đời người tối thiểu phải ăn, kế đến là học tập, công việc, nhà ở, quần áo và chăm sóc sức khỏe. Quanh ta còn nhiều mảnh đời bất hạnh. Hiểm họa nghèo đói vẫn bùng phát bất cứ lúc nào. Hãy luôn nhớ điều đó.” “Hãy vươn tới những vì sao. Cho dù không chạm được vào nó, nhưng nếu cố gắng hết sức, ít ra, chúng ta cũng chạm được những hạt bụi của ngôi sao” (Reach for the stars. Although you will never touch them, if you reach hard enough, you will find that you get a little star dust on you in the process).
36 Ancient Chinese Quotes
The Chinese Culture is one of the oldest and most complex in the world. Record keeping of the Chinese Culture began during the Zhou Dynasty which dated back more than 3,000 years ago. Due to the complexity of the Chinese Culture, it takes much time to understand it. We can acquire much wisdom from the Chinese Culture and apply to modern day. Here are some of the Chinese Quotes which have been simplified for easy understanding.
Ancient Chinese Quotes That I Can Comprehend
- If you are planning for one year, grow rice. If you are planning for 20 years grow trees. If you are planning for centuries, grow men.
- Pleasure for one hour a bottle of wine. Pleasure for one year a marriage. Pleasure for a lifetime a garden.
- Fight poison with poison.
- Tiger father begets tiger son.
- The crafty rabbit has three different entrances to its lair.
- You cannot push/force a cow’s head down unless it is drinking water by its own will.
- Men should worry about fame just as pigs about being fat.
- If you have money you can make the ghosts and devils turn your grind stone.
- There is no wave without wind.
- Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
- A hundred men may make an encampment, but it takes a woman to make a home.
- Beauty is the wisdom of women. Wisdom is the beauty of men.
- If you are in a hurry you will never get there.
- Patience is power, with time and patience the mulberry leaf becomes silk.
- Maintain an army for 1000 days, use it for an hour.
- Use attack as the tactic of defense.
- The greatest conqueror is he who overcomes the enemy without a blow.
- Paper cannot wrap up a fire.
- Drinking the water of a well, one should never forget who dug it.
- Failure is the Mother of Success.
- Going beyond is as bad as falling short.
- The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
- The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- If you don’t want anyone to know it, don’t do it.
- Quarreling is like cutting water with a sword.
- If you must play, decide upon three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time.
- Forethought is easy, repentance hard.
- Respect for ones parents is the highest duty of civil life.
- Insanity is doing the same thing in the same way and expecting a different outcome.
- He who is not satisfied with himself will grow; he who is not sure of his own correctness will learn many things.
- If a man fools me once, shame on him. If he fools me twice, shame on me.
- A truly great man never puts away the simplicity of a child.
- Small ills are the fountains of most of our groans. Men trip not on mountains, they stumble on stones.
- A clever person turns great troubles into little ones and little ones into none at all.
- He who could foresee affairs three days in advance would be rich for thousands of years.
- Hidden Dragon Crouching Tiger – The meaning is that both the tiger and dragon have amazing talents, but if they are out of view, you may have not discovered them. It can be said of someone with amazing ability that keeps that ability hidden.
Listed above are Chinese Quotes that I have understood. There are many many more that I am still trying to. If you need an explanation on the quotes above, please leave a note at the comment section. I would be more than happy to reply.
Inspirational Quotes About Life
Ever since humans have been capable of contemplating their souls and the universe around them, they have spent countless hours trying to come up with ways of verbalising their thoughts. Throughout the ages, people from all walks of life have been coming up with inspirational quotes about life that they can pass on to others as a way of conveying their thoughts, hopes and dreams. Of course, it’s not only the people who write these quotes that benefit from their creation, reading another persons perspective can really help you to open your mind to other ways of looking at things.
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” — Albert Einstein
Good quotes about life will motivate you to act on something that you were either unsure about acting on, or unmotivated to doing so. A good quote about life is one that stops you in your tracks and causes you to contemplate your own being and how it relates to the rest of the world. Quotes can also be used to convey messages, inspire people to do great things, and help people to make up their minds on issues they were having trouble resolving. They can also help you to have clarity, and focus more on the task at hand.
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
Quotes don’t always have to be reflective and serious. Humour is an important thing to use when trying to convey a message. When people are confronted with something humorous, they tend to open up more to ideas around them. Humour is a great way of breaking down barriers so that messages can be conveyed more easily. For this reason, people are always coming with funny quotes about life that will help people understand concepts that would otherwise be difficult to convey, or even controversial. Sometimes things that need to be said can be hard to say without hurting someones feelings. Using humour and funny quotes about life will help ease this problem.
“Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways” — Anonymous
Back in the golden ages, there were people who did nothing but think. These people were called philosophers. Of course, philosophers still exist in present day, but they are no longer respected with the reverence that was afforded these sages of old. These were the people that kingdoms, and indeed kings, would look up to to help give them clarity and purpose. Quite often a king or queen would not even contemplate an important decision before consulting the great thinkers in their kingdom. Nowadays, the human consciousness has expanded to the point where all of us have the capability of being great thinkers. As a result, lots of different types of people come up with extremely inspirational quotes about life. Here are some examples…
“And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years” — Abraham Lincoln
“When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on” — Thomas Jefferson
“Let your heart feel for the afflictions and distress of everyone, and let your hand give in proportion to your purse” — George Washington
“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans” — John Lennon
“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain” — Bob Marley
“It isn’t where you came from, it’s where you’re going that counts.” — Ella Fitzgerald
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” — Jimi Hendrix
“Where there is love there is life” — Mahatma Gandhi
“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy” — Martin Luther King Jr.
“Patient and regular practice is the whole secret of spiritual realization. Do not be in a hurry in spiritual life. Do your utmost, and leave the rest to God” — Swami Shivananda
Captain Jean-Luc Picard — “Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived” — Star Trek
Chuck Noland — “You just have to keep on breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise and who knows what the tide will bring” — Castaway
Robbie Hart — “Gulia. Julia’s last name’s gonna be Gulia. Julia Gulia. That’s funny” — Glenn Gulia — “Why is that funny?” Robbie Hart — “I don’t know.” — The Wedding Singer
Finally, here are some interesting and inspirational quotes on success which I liked and found really quotable.
Action is the foundational key to all success.
One secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.
Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.
Nothing recedes like success.
I couldn’t wait for success, so I went ahead without it.
Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown.
I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Success is that old ABC – ability, breaks, and courage.
The secret of success is constancy to purpose.
Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.
Booker T. Washington
Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.
Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won’t taste good.
There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.
Peter F. Drucker
The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity.
Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.
There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Why be a man when you can be a success?
How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.
A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and a devotion to the things you want to see happen.
Frank Lloyd Wright
You will find the key to success under the alarm clock.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
Henry David Thoreau
Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem.
Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won’t taste good.
There’s no secret about success. Did you ever know a successful man who didn’t tell you about it?
Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world.
It takes as much stress to be a success as it does to be a failure.
Emilio James Trujillo
Those who have succeeded at anything and don’t mention luck are kidding themselves.
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
Some aspects of success seem rather silly as death approaches.
Donald A. Miller
The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.
Smarts and action are on the same side of the equation where the sum is success.